1.Winpopup Works, Hearts/Winchat Don't
After reading many articles concerning Winchat, my problem is
still not solved. Here is a summary of my setup:
1) Running WINS, using WINSERVE as my WINS Resolution Server
2) Have NETDDE.EXE in my startup folder
3) I can mount others' drives, and they can mount mine fine
4) Winpopup works perfectly, so does every other TCP/IP app
5) I have software compression turned off in <Server Settings>
6) Have "Log into network" checked
7) Know other people who are having the same problem as me
8) I am NOT using an LMHOSTS file, this has to work through
Here's the wrap-up: If i send a popup with Winpopup, my modem
lights flash, and the message goes through.
When I try to connect to a dealer with any name such as
"dogbert", "\\dogbert", "oak.oakland.edu", "188.8.131.52", etc
the modem lights DON'T EVEN FLASH, and after about 2 seconds I
get "Could not connect to Dealer. Hearts will close." I am
not running Win3.11 version of HEARTS because I deleted Windows
Completely before installing Win95.
When I try to dial another computer with WinChat, the same
thing happens. The modem lights do not flash, and nearly
immediately it says "Could not reach remote computer." I am
running NETDDE. I can connect to myself, however, using
\\MILLIWAY or MILLIWAY with no problem whatsoever, and another
copy of WinChat opens up and the cute little jingle plays.
I am completely frustrated. Any help would be greatly
[ David Green - Programmer - Atlanta, GA ]
[ E-Mail Address: milli...@ix.netcom.com ]
[ Running Microsoft Exchange Windows '95 ]
2. WinChat, WinPopup - message protocol?
3. Using Winchat feature outside of LAN
4. Chat (winchat) feature not working properly
9. WinTalk - WinChat: who can help me???
10. Winchat in Win95